On weekends we usually go to the mall and let the boys play and have dinner at our favorite restaurants, that's how we usually unwind.  But this time, we decided to join my mother-in-law at her friend's rest house in Pamuhatan, Marilog. Marilog is a mountainous area which is about an hour away from the city. It's a perfect escape from the noise, pollution and the city fuss. Being an asthmatic, I was so overwhelmed when I smelled how fresh & crisp the air was. The only problem though was that it was pretty cold up there. You know, I don't do well in cold places because it takes my breath away, yeah literally! But seeing how beautiful the place was, I didn't really thought about how cold it was or how steep the stairs I had to climb going up the rest house. I was just in awe with nature's beauty. It was such a beautiful place. :)

What I immediately noticed when we arrived were the flowers. Every flower was in full bloom! There were dozens of poinsettias, dandelions, sunflowers and others that I didn't really recognized. They were all very pretty!! The photos I have taken doesn't do enough justice on how beautiful they were! The main attraction though was the beautiful statue of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal housed at topmost area. There she lay in her humble chapel, beautiful and heavenly. 

With my boys. :)

Sister-in-law, shobe and our shoti

Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal



Father & son moments!


We only stayed until 8 in the evening since it has gotten really cold by then, my lungs was screaming for air! I would have loved to stay even for a couple of days. It would be really nice to witness the sunrise, to have coffee with hubby, to take more photos, to go hiking (I won't mind how steep it gets, I have my inhaler with me anyway!), and to pray the rosary to Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal. The owner, tita Lily has so many amazing and miraculous stories with the statue of Mother Mary and how she was able to develop this magnificent place from scratch. I'm looking forward to going back to this lovely place soon, very soon.

What a beautiful weekend it has been!   

1 Comments