I was browsing through tumblr.com earlier and saw the image above.♥ I've always liked photos like this, they are very touching and warms my heart.  Then I also checked the link tagged along with this photo.
http://bestbookmarks.co.cc/photography/on-war-seven-years-of-war-in-iraq

What I have discovered were 137 amazing and varied photos spanning the length of the war. It really moved me, if I was not at the office, I would have cried myself out. (OMG the hormones!) I was really touched, I could imagine how hard it was for all these people. The soldiers at war and all the civilians that were affected by the war. The fear, I could only imagine. I am just glad that my father nor my husband in not in this profession, being a soldier. Imagine how brave they are! willing to fight and to die for their country, for their fellowmen. My great respect goes to all of you. You should see these photos, they are really stunning and heart breaking but heart warming as well. I would like to post all the photos here but they are just too many, better check it our for yourself. :)

Here's the link:
http://bestbookmarks.co.cc/photography/on-war-seven-years-of-war-in-iraq


Lance Corporal Jason Derks (L) and Lance Corporal Daniel Patrick, who both returned from the war wounded, mourn for their fallen companions of the 1st Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment as the Marines of Regimental Combat Team 5 (RCT-5 ) memorialize 100 Marines, soldiers, and sailors who died during the regiment's 12-month deployment to fight in the Al Anbar Province of Iraq on February 15, 2007 at Camp Pendleton, California. The RCT-5 was assigned to cultivate the combat capabilities of the Iraqi Security Forces in the greater Fallujah region and helped facilitate the expansion of the 2nd Brigade, 1st Iraqi Division's battlespace in Fallujah proper and saw the repositioning of Marines to the edges of the city. (Photo by David McNew/Getty Images)
Adrea Castillo (L) hugs her father Army SGT Guillermo Castillo during the singing of the singing of the Army Song during a Purple Heart ceremony. SGT Castillo was wounded by an IED blast in Iraq. Twenty members of the US armed forces were awarded the Purple Heart for being wounded while serving in the war on terror. (Brendan Smialowski/Getty Images)

Lance Corporal Jason Derks (L) and Lance Corporal Daniel Patrick, who both returned from the war wounded, mourn for their fallen companions of the 1st Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment as the Marines of Regimental Combat Team 5 (RCT-5 ) memorialize 100 Marines, soldiers, and sailors who died during the regiment's 12-month deployment to fight in the Al Anbar Province of Iraq on February 15, 2007 at Camp Pendleton, California. The RCT-5 was assigned to cultivate the combat capabilities of the Iraqi Security Forces in the greater Fallujah region and helped facilitate the expansion of the 2nd Brigade, 1st Iraqi Division's battlespace in Fallujah proper and saw the repositioning of Marines to the edges of the city. (Photo by David McNew/Getty Images)

0 Comments