lately i've been seeing a lot of rambutans in the market. meaning? woohoo it's rambutan season!Ü i really love rambutan and i crave for rambutan right this very moment. i am now planning to buy a kilo when i get home today. I've been wanting to buy some earlier this week but i'm just too excited to go home that i can't afford to make a stop even at a nearest market on my way home. But today i just can't let it pass. hahaha Rambutan is my favorite fruit next to Mangostin! Oh i just can't get enough of those two.

anyway, let me give you some facts about Rambutan.

Rambutan is a tropical fruit/tree and is believed to be native to the Malay Archipelago. And they are just cousins to the longan and the lychee. In Indonesian rambutan literally means hairy or hairy fruit. Now that explains the hair that covers it. While in Panama, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua, it is known as mamón chino. There is a second species regularly for sale at Malay markets which they call "wild" rambutan. It is a little smaller than the usual red rambutan and it's colored yellow. Hmm now that seems to be pretty interesting. I can't wait till i get my hand on that sweet rambutan!Ü



Rambutan in pineapple syrup. Hmm I wonder if i could find this one in a local grocery store. I think this will taste great!Ü yum..

0 Comments