I've been reading through KellyMom.com today and came across with an article about breastfeeding. I know that there may be mothers who doesn't really enjoy or like breastfeeding, I may not understand their reasons but who am I to judge. I still respect mothers who choose to bottle-fed their child, every mother has a different story and bottle feeding their child doesn't mean they chose less for their child. I myself have bottle-fed my first son because I knew too little back then and I have to go back to work when he was just 2 months old. Now that I am a work-at-home mother, I seize the opportunity to breastfeed my little one. I feed myself with everything there is to know and learn about breastfeeding. I am hungry always for knowledge.

Anyway, I just have to share the paragraph below, this is taken from the article "Are mothers supposed to love breastfeeding 24 hours a day?" from Kellymom.com If you are breastfeeding and is hanging by a thread, please pause for a while and take time to read the paragraph below. :)

Breastfeeding is the ultimate gift a woman gives her baby–because she chooses everyday whether to continue or to stop. Don’t look at breastfeeding as something you will enjoy or even like all the time, but as a commitment to your child’s health–similar to the commitment of staying married even when you don’t particularly like your husband for a few days, or staying in college when it is really rough for a while. There are peaks and valleys with breastfeeding and sometimes you will thoroughly enjoy it, and sometimes you will resent it–but in the end you will not regret one day that you stuck with it, even though you were not feeling that joy 100% of the time. When you are in a valley, rest assured that the joy you have felt with feeding in the past will reappear and you will be glad you waited it out. 
          Breastfeeding — it’s too important not to.


  post signature

0 Comments